A New Supervisor's Guide to Motivation & Recognition
A New Supervisor’s Guide to Motivation & Recognition, guarantees that the first-time supervisors within your organization are armed with effective tools for keeping their employees motivated.
This comprehensive multimedia product is full of action-oriented tips that will teach first-time supervisors how to hone their leadership skills so that they continually inspire and influence their people to excel in everything they do. It serves dual purposes as a program that trainers can use to conduct training sessions for groups of new supervisors and as a self-paced study course that new supervisors can take on their own.
This valuable tool emphasizes to
new supervisors that motivating their employees doesn’t happen overnight. And that the key to
motivating employees starts with a supervisor’s own leadership skills.
New supervisors will discover
- Draw out their leadership potential.
- Build employees’ trust.
- Foster employees’ loyalty and respect for the organization.
- Motivate and show appreciation to others.
- Determine what motivates people.
- And so much more!
In addition, this product contains 101 action-oriented quick tips for motivating and recognizing
A New Supervisor’s Guide to Motivation & Recognition is a new supervisor’s toolkit for offering the right kind of motivation at the right time, ensuring the success of employees, whole departments and your entire organization.
- 101 specific, actionable tips you can use to motivate and recognize your staff
- A guide trainers can use to facilitate a training session for first-time supervisors
- A Viewer's Guide training participants can reference during the training session and long after the training session is over
- Dozens of Keys to Success every supervisor needs when motivating and recognizing employees
- 60-minute audio conference, Motivation and Recognition Tactics for Every Supervisor(a $219 value)
- 21-minute video, Communication Techniques That Motivate, Guide and Inspire Employees to Excel
(a $149 value)
- Loads of customizable and print-ready forms that save time and effort
This product contains the following sections:
Section 1: Becoming an Inspiring Leader
The most successful supervisors do more than just manage their employees—they lead them. A strong leader inspires employees to go for gold. And that leader reaps the
benefits of team members who consistently go above and beyond because they want to exceed the expectations set for them. They want to be the best, and they’re motivated to succeed because their leader is there to show them the way.
A key to a motivated workforce is a loyal workforce, and to gain employees’ loyalty,
you must prove that you are a strong leader. The kind of leader who exhibits the qualities that people look up to, admire and emulate. The kind of leader who walks the walk and talks the talk. That means you must take the steps very early on to prove that you are a worthy leader. If you live by the tips presented in the following pages, you’ll prove your ability to lead, which in turn will keep your staff motivated and inspired.
In this section, you’ll learn how to:
- Apply The 8 Communication
Principles of Leadership.
- Draw out your leadership
- Build your employees’ trust.
- Make yourself accessible.
- Foster your employees’ loyalty
and respect for you and the
Section 2: Discovering Employee Motivators
All your team members are motivated. The problem is that they may not be motivated to do what you want. By learning what drives them, you can influence their decisions about how they behave.
Each one of your team members may be motivated by something different. The
awards ceremony that thrills one person may embarrass another. One team member needs a trophy to feel a sense of accomplishment, while another is thrilled by solving
a problem and has no interest in a token of that success.
This audio conference will take you through the steps of understanding your team members and delivering the feedback that will drive them to perform
In this section, you’ll learn:
- Five keys to motivating others.
- A dozen categories of motivators.
- How to determine what motivates
a particular person.
- The best way to balance different types of feedback.
- Seven ways to show appreciation.
To track what drives your team
members, we’ve included a Team
Member Motivators Form you can use
to note each person’s preferences.
Section 3: Motivating People, Recognizing Hard Work
As you work through this program, you will discover how to be the kind of leader who inspires and influences people to excel. You’ll uncover leadership techniques that will motivate the unmotivated and allow you to maintain the motivation your
team needs to reach its short- and long-term goals. You’ll learn how to determine what motivates particular employees, and you’ll unlock the keys to showing employee
In this section, you’ll learn tactics for motivating your employees, from interesting,
small—but powerful—rewards to specific language you can use to keep your staffers' morale and drive high. Every employee is different, so what works for
one person won’t work for another. However, with the quick tips presented in this chapter,
you can tailor your motivation
and recognition processes to meet the needs of all the people who report to you.
Here’s to that success!
Click here to view the Table of Contents.